Sunday, October 4, 2009

Lily Cole reluctant to keep on modelling

Following Agyness Deyn, Lily Cole admits she is reluctant to continue her modelling career. Well, this is really frustrating as she is a special model and fashion industry won’t be as bright without her.

The 21-year-old British beauty is currently studying History of Art at Cambridge University and this, along with acting, is something she likes a lot and is ready to prefer to modelling.

When Lily was asked if she would go on walking the catwalk, she said:
"It’s not a huge priority. If I’m asked to do other interesting films, I’ll do them. I’ve still got two years left at uni to decide.

Art is what I love most in life. My mum is an artist and she’s very creative. I’m sure she’s the one who’s made me want to do these things. I still paint and play piano occasionally.”

Lily has some experience in acting. For instance, she stars opposite the late Heath Ledger in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus and does it well actually, though she knows she needs to improve her acting abilities.

She commented to Britain’s Grazia magazine:
"I still have a lot to learn and hope that I’ll always think that and continue to get better. But from a personal perspective, yes, it was a lot of stuff to absorb and go through.

Being a model helped because I’m comfortable in front of a camera. But I’m much more emotionally and intellectually switched off as a model. When you’re acting, you have more to contribute to the character.”

No comments: