Sunday, December 6, 2009

Taylor Swift: The New York Times Style Magazine

Taylor Swift is a girl I would talk hours about. She is beautiful and fashion-conscious, very creative and talented. I could say a lot more but she will do it better herself.

Taylor is a covergirl for this Sunday’s T: The New York Times Style Magazine. She is featured on a few glam photos and looks really wonderful.
She wears couture clothing, including a Chanel dress, a metallic Burberry Prorsum jacket, a Prada Swarovsli crystal top and other outfits form best fashion names.

Besides, the songbird gives an extensive interview about her life and songs. Speaking to T’s editor Lynn Hirschberg the singer reveals lots of facts we haven’t known about her.
Taylors tells about being an outisder at school and her double life as a result of this:
"I would sit on the edge of class and watch people interact with each other. I’d watch guys flirt with cool girls and I would watch best friends talk, and I would go home and write about it. If you listen to my albums, it’s like reading my diary.”

Her classmates didn’t like the music she wrote and often reacted badly to her speaking about that:
"I didn’t really have that many friends at school. Kids would heckle me: ‘Go sing that country beep.’ It just dawned on me that I had to love being different or else I was going to end up being dark and angry and frustrated by school. Sometimes I felt like I was some sort of spy because I would go to school during the day, and then, after school, I had this life that was completely different. I definitely was more nervous walking into my first day of freshman year in high school than I was walking up to record labels and handing them my CD. In school, I learned to stop talking about music because they didn’t like it when I did. I led a double life. I kind of started to live in fear when I would sing the national anthem at the 76ers game. If there was a write-up about it the next day in our local paper, I knew it was gonna be a bad day at school for me.”

But now Taylors isn’t afraid to express herself anymore. She writes everything she feels in her songs, including even names of people she used to like:
"I don’t hesitate — people who have no idea that I have a crush on them won’t find out through me telling them, but they will find out when they hear their name in a song. There was this guy who opened a couple of shows for me on tour and I talked to him a couple of times, but he never knew that I liked him. So I wrote this song called “Hey Stephen,” and when my album came out, I sent him a text message: ‘Hey, Track 5.’ It was so funny. He sent me back a long email saying, ‘Oh, my God!’”

No comments: