Sunday, December 20, 2009

Emily Blunt’s fear of fashion faux pas

Emily Blunt feels terrified each time she needs to step on the red carpet. The Devil Wears Prada actress confessed that awards season is something she always gets nervous of , because it means she would be judged again, all over, especially her fashion choices. And this fear obviously bears little unpleasant accidents the star often has.

She said:
"I always get that panic when I step out of the car that everyone is going to hate it. I’ve had zippers that have broken too. Once when I was about to go on The Ellen Degeneres Show, my sister looked at the back of my legs and went ‘Ohmygod!’ I had a huge ladder up the back of my leg and the women on the show had to run around like chickens without their heads on to find me some new stockings.”

Emily has also revealed she doesn’t like corsets much as her body is left numb from wearing those. When she was starring in The Young Victoria she had to wear extremely restrictive corsets. She couldn’t feel her body during shooting.

However, practice helps and Emily has got used to this type of lingerie too and knows how to ease the discomfort from it.

She said:
"I learned how to survive when they lace you tight. It takes getting used to. You must inhale so your rib cage expands. This way, after you’re all done up you can have room to breathe.”

No comments: