Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Matthew Williamson Busy With Menswear

Being a designer is not easy. You have to feel what people want.

Matthew Williamson does his best to get his place in fashion industry. He has to work hard and long. His whole life has become consumed by work.

The designer is famous for his outstanding vision of womenswear but this isn’t what he is going to do all his life. He wants to dress men, too. Moreover, he is already creating outfits for the stronger half of the humanity.

His debut collection is to be launched soon but now Matthew still has a lot to do.

He said:
"I’m working from eight in the morning till 10 at night every day right now. I don’t really have much of a life, I really don’t. I went out last night for the first time in god knows how long. I go home, eat my dinner and go to bed. It’s not how I want to live forever; it’s not healthy to be this consumed by your work.”

Making a full menswear line has been a dream of Matthew’s for a long time. He has once created a range for high street store H+M with clothes for both men and women and the success the line had gave an inspiration for the new work.

He told The New Review magazine:
"I’ve always wanted to do menswear – it’s never been a struggle to think about how it look, but I guess H+M is the reason for why now. That was a really nice project, as I got to deign clothes I could wear myself. And it sold well, so I was chuffed. It inspired the thought that it really could happen. This range is just us dipping our toe in to begin with. We’ll see if people are interested, then hopefully we’ll build on it.”

No comments: