Monday, June 22, 2009

Nicky Hilton - Designer by nature not by name

Nicky Hilton wants to prove she makes her name not the name makes her! The girl who proved to have some designing talent says her clothing lines are successful because she worked hard to create them, not her name influenced the sales.
Nicky says being a fashion designer is her purpose in life. The hotel heiress has already launched two clothing ranges - Chick and Nicky Hilton Beverly Hills. She is determined to succeed in her career as she doesn’t want to be accused of making money on her famous surname rather than her talent.

She said:
"I’m following my dreams and doing what I love as a designer. I did not want to be one of those kids with a famous last name that doesn’t do anything. That is very unfulfilling to me and I’m very happy.’

The 25-year-old blonde unveiled her Nicky Hilton Beverly Hills collection in 2006 and despite the fact it is more upmarket than Chick, she doesn’t wish it to be too pricey.

Nicky comments:
These are clothes my friends and I could wear. This ain’t Prada. ‘I don’t want to be one of those celebrities that slaps their name on a label and collects royalty checks. Everything on that runway reflects me.’

No comments: